IGPC Ethanol Inc. requires an experienced Software Administrator for the planning, configuration and maintenance of its ERP software for its ethanol operations in Aylmer, Ontario. This includes working with the software vendor to ensure functionality, data consistency, security and usability of systems aligned with the plant's priorities and enabling our employees to do their work effectively. The Software Administrator will be responsible for diagnosing and resolving performance issues to ensure optimal performance and reliability. He or she will also be accountable for planning updates, maintenance of the software resources and training end-users.
- Work with software vendors on implementation of solutions for operational needs.
- Work with operational staff to develop and maintain procedures for effective use of the software platform.
- Manage user accounts, creating, updating and removing access as necessary.
- Constantly monitor and assess systems to make sure that processes are operating as designed.
- Troubleshoot errors and fix system issues (in conjunction with ERP vendor support channels) via periodic testing, help desk tickets, and other methods.
- Test and install issued patches in conjunction with software providers.
- Collaborate with other IT and operational staff to ensure database integrity, security, and ongoing performance.
- Plan for backup and recovery.
- Advise management of potential system enhancements in support of future requirements.
- Develop and maintain expertise through professional associations and professional development opportunities.
- Act as a technical resource during other projects as required.
- University degree in computer science, software engineering, or computer engineering, or an acceptable combination of education and experience.
- At least 3 years of direct work experience in implementing and administering an ERP software system.
- Required experience in script development in SQL Server.
- Experience with plant maintenance and financial operations an asset.
- Experience facilitating training sessions, and developing instructional documentation.
- Demonstrated knowledge of system design and analysis.
- Able to interpret the operational requirements of end users, project managers, and other stakeholders.
- Ability to troubleshoot programming changes, errors, and subsequent modifications.
- Effective deadline management and project management skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work independently or as part of a team.
- Self-starter and highly motivated to make proactive changes.
- Able to analyze business needs, processes and workflows.
All interested candidates must submit their interest in writing to email@example.com or forward by mail to
IGPC Ethanol Inc., 89 Progress Drive, PO Box 205, Aylmer, Ontario N5H 2R9
Please reference Software Administrator in the subject line.